Can you buy my Wheatley or pay me to make you one? No.
I will not sell any animatronic puppets that I make. That would infringe on Valve’s copyright(s) and intellectual property.
Can you make your own? YES!
I am willing to correspond with you about the build and offer advice for building your own Wheatley!
You’re not going to need some big automated production line like the one above to build your own Personality Core. However, it does take a bit of knowledge in certain areas to make things come to life, and I’m willing to help with that! I’ve written a Getting Started Guide to help you make your own Personality Core. Be sure to read that first before emailing me questions; your questions might already be answered there! If your question is about something I haven’t covered in that article, I’ll try to help as best as I can and answer as fast as I can. Life happens, you know.
Things I Will Do
- Give Building Advice
- Suggest Materials
- Answer Design/Function Questions
- Help With Basic Arduino Coding Questions
- Provide Directions For Finding Reference Materials
- Share His Code With You (See Below)
Things I Will NOT Do
- Give You Money
- Help You Get Money
- Give You My Design Files
- Modify Code For You
- Build Things For You
- Physically Send Things To You
Wheatley V2.0 Code
Wheatley’s code took a lot of effort to produce and is definitely not perfect, although I have tried to simplify it as much as possible. Thanks again to Kristian Lauszus for his help on the project! If you’d like to use this code, you’ll need a few things:
- My Wheatley V2.0’s Code [Click Here]
- USB Host Shield 2.0 Library, version 1.2.1. There are newer versions, but they most likely won’t work with Wheatley’s code. [Version 1.2.1]
- Knowing how to install a Library [Click Here to Learn How]
- The Arduino IDE (Coding Platform) [Click Here to Get It]
One final note: I will help you via email to the best of my ability, but I will NOT do your work for you. Figuring things out on your own is most of the fun anyways!